I couldn’t think of a better name for this one, but hey, it’s only a school project for my master studies.
I had to implement an app that shows the benefit of using Aspects. So I’ve created an app that downloads pictures from Picasa, using Google’s APIs. Of course, with some aspects behind it (logging and thread pool).
It was finished in September 2009.
My first C# project. During the masters studies, I had a class for “graphical user interfaces” and I had to first come up with the full specification (by myself), make mock up version of the app and in the end to implement it.
It was interesting to see C# for the first time, and visual studio for as well.
Date: June 2009.
I’ve finished my bachelor studies with this final project (“graduation project”) that I’ve work with my girlfriend Ivana Vrbić. We implemented “Address Space Manager” for RCUB, that eventually became a part of their NetIIS application.
It was implemented in Java programming language. It purpose is to be used by network admins, so they could scan any (reachable) network to find our all the available devices and their IP addresses and other useful information. We used SNMP protocol to find out all the details we needed.
We both finished with the highest grades, and got our bachelor diplomas in October 2007.
My first java web project, and it was for “Internet programming” class. The goal was to create a college portal so that students could book their time for laboratory tests and exams and pick lab demonstrator. On the other side professor can reschedule groups, set payment checks for lab demonstrators and similar.
It was implemented in Java/JSP/Struts with MySQL as database.
Implementation date: August 2007.
In June 2007, I’ve worked with my girl friend Ivana Vrbić on a “power supply controller” for the “Micro-processing systems” class. We created a very detailed scheme of the systems based on the 8086 processor and 8051 micro-controller. Second part of the project was to create the main algorithm in assembler for 8086, and in keil c for 8051 micro-controller. Last part was to create a simulation of 8086 in assembler and 8051 in keil c
An interesting mini project for the “Expert systems” class: Verbal arithmetic. On of the most popular is SEND + MORE = MONEY. So what is verbal arithmetic? Basically is a type of mathematical game consisting of a mathematical equation among unknown numbers, whose digits are represented by letters.
Here we weren’t focusing only on SEND + MORE = MONEY, there was unknown number of variables. And only addition was supported.
As most of the school projects, it was implemented in java, in june 2007.
For “Performance of Computing systems” class I was supposed to implement a real time simulation of a processor with two hard disk drives and compute various statistical data. Not very interesting to be honest. It was done, as usual in Java, back in june 2007.
In January 2007 I’ve worked with my college Ivo Mihailović, on a project for the “VLSI systems” class. The goal was to create a wishbone compatible device that sends and receives by serial port, and also fully test it.
Another interesting school project: Create a hospital manager application in Java, and use MSSQL for database.
Unfortunately it was a command line application, because the main goal was to create an efficient database scheme. This was my first experience with MS SQL Server and TSQL.
Definitely my favorite school project. I love it so much that I’ve recently shared it with the world. You can find the source code here http://code.google.com/p/copie/
Part of the “Concurrent and distributed programming” course, professor was Zoran Jovanović. The main task is simple: make computers share their clipboards. So if I would copy something, and if you would “paste from” my computer you would get the content of my clipboard (text or file). It was required that was a client application (notepad like) with that special “paste from” option, also a subserver, working on every computer and a main server. Subservers communicate with the main server to find out what other subservers are alive, and the main server keeps the list all of the active subservers.
There is a lot of synchronizing, working with sockets, clipboard… Very interesting, and I’ve learned a lot from it.
It was implemented in pure Java, no additional jar were used. And yes… GUI in netbeans (yup, I love it that much, I mean the GUI builder).
Back in october 2006. But I plan to continue to work on this project (on of the reasons it is @google code)