OK, I’m really proud of this one, so beside the school project tag, I’ll label it as a project as well.
It was a part of the “Computer Architecture and Organization” course. I was a part of the team of 5 students (my great friends Marko Mitrović, Marko Ćirić, Jovan Mahaček and David Filipović). We created a Swing based (yup, you’ve guess it, we used netbeans :)) visual simulator of a CPU. Of course, it is an imaginary processor, but it had all the regular parts like registers, memory, buses, flip flops, multiplexers, demultiplexers, coders, decoders etc.
From this point of view, I can’t really imagine how got it to work, with no version control, chatting, project management tools… I could blame our internet providers, and say that we didn’t have no broadband internet. But to be honest, we were aren’t aware of such tools, but we made it work. And surprisingly (almost) after the first try.
Oh yeah, also we had more than 120 pages of required documentation. Good times, great stuff!
That was back in June 2007.